Monday, October 17, 2016

The Way to Mastery

             This week I started reading a book called “Mastery” by George Leonard.  Leonard introduces a few graphs that teach us how to become masters.  He says that the way to become a master is to follow the graph that has little waves of learning with long plateaus between them in order to eventually become a master. 


                    Along with that idea of a long slow progress towards mastery, I watched this video that explains how most entrepreneurs are not rock stars.  If we want to make it big in any business, it’s long hard effort that makes it work.  We’re not going to find one idea that we can make a business out of then sell for billions.  We’re not going to ‘make it bit’ overnight.  The path to mastery requires work; the path to riches requires effort.
               We reap what we sow and get back what we put in. I want to start something for myself, but I need to know going into it what that means.  I am only going to be as successful as I want to or am willing to be.  Whatever I decide that I want to do for my business, it may take me seven years to become a master, but I have to be willing to do that.  When I finally decide to start my business, I have to love it enough to put in the time, and I have to be dedicated enough to put in the time when I’m on the ‘plateau’ and don’t want to put in the effort.  That’s the key to mastery.

No comments:

Post a Comment