Saturday, September 17, 2016

The Journey to Essential-Me

I wanted to start a blog about my learning process during my adventure into the dōTerra world as I learn about business and essential oils. I wanted people to see how I went from disliking essential oils and referring to them as ‘witchcraft’ to signing up as a wellness advocate with dōTerra. I didn’t and still don’t know much about essential oils, but I’m learning about them, and I’m just now starting my first class as an entrepreneur. That’s the journey.
What I didn’t know is that my intro to entrepreneurship class at BYU-I would require me to start a blog and give me that kick in the pants that I needed to get up and act. My teacher referred us to an article by Jeff Sandefer1 where he told us entrepreneurs to keep an ‘Entrepreneur’s Journal’.  The idea is to record our successes and failures. I have yet to attend an essential oil class, and like I said I’m in my first entrepreneurship class so I’m sure I’ll have plenty of failures to record and lessons to learn.  Lucky for me, in another article2 Sandefer also encourages us to learn to live with, learn from, and expect small setbacks.
In a seminar by Tiffany Peterson,3  the first principle of entrepreneurship that really struck me was to not be afraid to take imperfect action. It’s not easy and I’m still struggling with taking imperfect action, but even leaders of my faith have taught us how we must take one small step into the dark or press forward amid uncertainty to be able to see farther ahead.4
This blog is one of those steps. I’m adventuring into entrepreneurship, essential oils, and blogging all in one fell swoop. Welcome to my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment